Sunday, February 4, 2007
Chicken- Chili Enchiladas
For all you Mexican food lovers out there here is a great enchilada recipe. It's fairly quick and easy to make. Enjoy with a little salsa on top and you're good to go. - Esther
6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups shredded)
8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese (2 cups shredded)
1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup chopped onion
12 tortillas (6 inches)
2 cups warm chicken broth
1 can chili without beans
1 can green (or red) enchilada sauce
1. Grease 3 qt. dish. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix cheddar cheese, half of Monterey Jack cheese, chicken and onion. Set aside.
3.Dip tortillas, one at a time in broth to soften. Fill with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture, roll and place seam down in baking dish in 2 rows of six.
4. In sauce pan over medium heat, stir chili, enchilada sauce and 1/2 cupe chicken broth until bubbly. Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle tortillas with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
6. Serve with toppings if desired.