Thursday, February 8, 2007

Bruschetta Chicken Bake


Want a recipe that is quick, easy and tastes great? Then this is for you! HappyHouseWife gave me this recipe and when I made it, I was amazed at how easy it was and my husband and I loved it! This would be a great dish to make when company is coming or to take to someone's house. Served with mashed potatoes, this dish is a sure hit!

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) petite diced tomoatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzerella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing miz, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing is moistened. Set aside.

Place chicken in a 13X9 inch or 3 qt. baking dish; sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mix.

Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each (for those doing Weight Watchers, this calculates to 6 points per serving)

Recipe from Kraft Food and Family Magazine

2 comments:

J Crew said...

this is one of my faves

Linda said...

I love this recipe... I think they just started putting it on the back of the stuffing box because it's so popular :) I have to say, though, yours looks way prettier than mine!